View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 01:09 PM   #29
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
there are two great pitfalls of writing. One is starting it and the second is finishing it
Exactly my thoughts as well, though I think that finishing a story is the most difficult to do, because it must be done properly. That's where my biggest troubles lie. It won't work if the story is ended within 7 pages. Something even prof. authors are dealing with. Like King and Koonts (I love horror). They tend to gather all loose ends like with a snap of their fingers. I think it has to be a little more than that.
I prefer to use some of Tolkien's "rules", such as Elves being immortal and not just longlifed but I also bring in other races that you know from other things, like hob-goblins and such. Besides that, I've created a new race, which gives me a lot of freedom, since no one else than me knows how this race is, but it's a rather complex race that actually makes Tolkien's Elves look like the happiest people on (middle) Earth. Not very lighthearted people. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]