View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 03:40 PM   #95
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hello again! Housecleaning's done, cheese fondue is eaten, and with some caffeine to bring my brain back online I should be able to hang around for some time.

Yay Nerwen! Solid analysis of Zil's interactions. And of course I didn't mean to suggest that everybody who voted yesterDay should be given a pass, just that we shouldn't focus on the loudmouths only and let the rest slip by. And it's understood that I say that as one of those loudmouths, and you said what you said as one of those formerly silent ones.

Yay Morsul! I don't quite follow his reasoning, but that's nothing new--or then I do to some extent; if the quote he gave from Rune, where Rune talks about Huey, was 'wolf-to-wolf communication', it could perhaps be Runewolf warning his young padawan not to make himself too conspicuous (wasn't this after Zil had started to point out Huey's overreaction?). I don't follow the 'evil plan' bit, but his posts sounds genuine Morsulish to me so far.

On the Sally-Boro-tangle: I can see why an innocent Sally should feel iffy about my vote for Boro, if she really believes it was risky for the same reason Boro's vote for Nerwen was risky, as she stated in #56. If I'd seen this post of hers before voting it might have given me pause, but looking back on Boro's behaviour yesterDay, especially his talk about not lynching on D1, I disagree.

I also disagree with Sally's statement that 'picking a third party in this instance made him [=Boro] look better to several people'. Who would these people be? I mean, yes of course it would have looked highly wolvish if he had piled on either Rune or Zil after voicing no suspicion of his own all Day, but I don't see how randomly voting a non-poster was any better. He had IMO manœuvered himself into a situation where he could hardly make an unsuspicious vote for anybody.