View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #484
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Question Taps playing.

1. The Ents were seen in Dunland, looking for: a. Saruman and his secret stash of Longbottom Leaf; b. Entwives; c. Taters; d. Legolas and Gimli. They haven't paid the entrance fee.

2. Much Elven-blood can be found in: a. Helm's Deep (?); b. The Prince of Dol Amroth; c. The Lórien Blood Bank; d. Alqualondë (ooh, harsh!).

3. At the end of the Third Age the Dúnedain population of Arnor: a. were all dead; b. were rebuilding...what was the name again? It's been so long; c. wait. Didn't Hal take all of them?; d. can breathe easier, with Aragorn gone and all.

4. The Company abandoned the passage of Caradhras because: a. Frodo lost the Ring in Hollin; b. winter there is bad for Hobbits; c. Gimli stepped on a hole and fell to Moria; d. Leggy forgot his shoes.

5. The curse on Húrin's Children was caused by: a. a loophole in the free will clause; b. Túrin, the angry man with a talking sword; c. Morgoth (yeah right!); d. stupid staring contests.

(NOTE: Questions 3 and 4 are the complete version. I had to chop a word or seven to make them fit in.)

My personal favourite was question 5 (on account of "stupid staring contests"), although it looks like a lot more liked question 2: Vy ze vay, thanks, Ms. Esty, Ms. Helen, Ms. Evisse, Ms. Nuranar, Ms. Ainaserkewen and NK for the appreciation!

My current sig (the line above I intend to . . . ) is a quote from Tom Clancy's Op-Center: Mirror Image, although it sounds eerily like something from Tolkien.

Oh, I almost forgot: whoever can give me the correct answer to all questions above gets a true-to-life stuffed Balrog. With wings and not!

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 12-07-2004 at 10:39 PM. Reason: word waffling
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote