View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #134
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm glad that you posted in this thread, Volo, otherwise I wouldn't have found it. Already I've learned a lot about the Downers and what their characteristics are.

Name (that you go by): Zach and known to all my Boy Scout friends as The Ent Man.
Occupation: Highschool Student. I work with my dad and the ranch hands on the family ranch.
Future Aspirations: To find someone that I can confide my every thoughts to. Finding the girl of my dreams. Become stronger!
Goal in life: Join the Military when I finish law school and become a JAG (military lawyer) so that I may defend them against frivolous law suits. Find a wife and raise a family in the country.
Short term goals: Laugh more, spend time with my siblings, read more about he Medieval Ages; become a better leader.
Passion: I love being in the Boy Scouts, spreading my love for Tolkien, history, and John Wayne. My duty to God and my country will always come first in my life.
Hobbies: Reading about history, archery, going on hiking treks, and The Barrow Downs of course.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): For being so tall, I have the reputation for reaching things that others can't get. Being too shy to talk to girls and when I do I stutter so much that my cheeks get red and I lose my breath.
I get comments all the time that I'm a hard worker, which I try to be. For being a ghost: most people don't even know I'm in the room if they're talking about something I don't know; that means I'm either shy, quiet, or observant, you decide I still don't know.

Fave book: All things that are written by Tolkien. I am also a big fan of David MCullough, Jeff Shaara, and Stephen E. Ambrose. All of them noted historians with McCullough focusing on America's founders, Shaara on the American Civil War, and Ambrose on WWII. Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder, My Grandfathers Son, and
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings, Gettysburg, Rambo IV, The Patriot, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, The Longest Day, Amazing Grace, and Master and Commander
Fave sport: Archery and wrestling with my brother. I enjoy shooting guns and going hunting with my friends, it's one of the few places that I can talk with confidence to them.
Fave store: An outdoor outfitting store called Bass Pro. It's got everything from guns and bows to tents and footwear.
Fave music: I like anything that stirs my emotions, so anything patriotic. I like Classical music and country (they make the best patriotic songs). I can't stand hip-hop or rap! My favorite songs are Heartland, Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle flies, and The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

What you can't stand: A know it all who can't stop talking about what he knows and how much you don't know. Inconsiderate people who take you for granted. Protesters, they should just get a life. Superficial relationships with friends, it's just too uncomfortable.
What you plain dislike: People wining about how things aren't fare, pacifists, people who talk to much about nothing, protesters trying to take my guns from me.
Who you admire: A leader can walk the walk and talk the talk and can inspire people. My dad comes to mind, but my true role-models are George Washington, Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, and Theodore Roosevelt.
What you most love to do: Be to myself, wherever it might be and read a good book. Being alone with my friends, which aren't all that many, and talking to them about personal things that trouble me. Living in the country where things don't change!
Your self-confessed flaws: I am very anti social and can draw hasty conclusions about people. Things sometimes irritate me when they don't go my way. Can be very stubborn when I am mad and when my temper is at its highest I say things that I immediately regret after I say it.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Great leaders always fascinate me along with the times that they were in. God and his infinite wisdom. All things Tolkien! Where Hookbill gets his news source.
What scares you: People know more than me always makes me jittery. I also get scared when I meet someone that I like and want to impress, but don't know how. The Scarlet Plague (Communism/Marxism). Girls!!!
Quotation to live by:" If you want something to get done ask a friend to do it for you, but if you want it to get done right do it yourself."

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 08-18-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote