View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Fordim or Fordhim? The Horrors of S-p-e-l-l-i-n-g

I'm absolutely befuddled as to why so many people add an 'h' in there. I've had the urge to insert an 'h' as well, but I think I have resisted the temptation thus far... Am I missing something?

Of course, Fordim's is not the only name that gets misspelled rather often. There are a lot of names on her that are almost impossible to spell, so I am often forced to simply copy and paste. And you have to be very careful, particularly with some names, of how you make your typos.

I suppose that's the joy of nicknaming nicknames. I don't think I've actually called Pio Piosenniel in forever...it doesn't even look right when I type it. And the same goes for Aman...Amanaduial the Archer? Who's that?

I often feel like nicknaming a name is being too *friendly* or perhaps *unprofessional* (almost wrote 'prefessional' there). But some people's names are just really hard for me to get right...

For example, here's trying to spell...Esgallhugwen.

Esgalugwn
Esghalugwen
Esghluwen
Esghaluwen
Esghallugwen

I'm sorry but I always have to copy and paste your name. Maybe I should start thinking of gall bladders and hugs when I'm trying to spell it...

Is anyone else plagued by misspellings and the possibility of misspellings?

You know, 'misspell' is harder to spell than I thought...

Note: This may be a retarded thread. This may be an illegal thread. This may be too close to Esty's lovely typo thread. I may get negative reps for this. But...I'm interested. Yes, I'm interested in how bad people spell. Call it a fetish, a self-confidence booster shot, or whatever you'd like. Stone me, shoot me, mutilate me, shish-kabob me...but here it is.

Double Note: This also isn't meant to offend anyone...every human being makes typos and spelling errors, and we all have major dyslexic moments even if we aren't dyslexic.

Triple (Triple, not Tripple!) Note: Slap me if I misspelled anything.

Last edited by Durelin; 07-20-2005 at 03:19 PM. Reason: didn't look as pretty without an icon
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote