View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #230
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galin View Post
Well I shall have to post with more caution then
Caution is something I've learned is a must on the internet - especially since nobody, as far as I know, has yet to develop mind reading powers (if anybody has, let me know...I'm interested. Might be useful dealing with people on the HP board I frequent...I'm still not entirely sure what one of them meant. There were a lot of 1s, !s, 2s, 4s, and a general lack of letters...)

Quote:
What is Christopher going to let Jackson use in exchange for any real say? Jackson already has what he needs to do a film based on The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit.
I believe that at some point PJ or somebody else made a statement that either said or heavily hinted that they wished they could have used some material from UT - that was what I was referring to that CT had that they didn't.

Quote:
And you seem to agree that for Christopher Tolkien to put himself in this position he must be given a lot of power with respect to creativity and content, power that I don't think anyone imagines he's really going to get.
Yes, I do agree....I have no wish to see Christopher Tolkien get taken advantage of by PJ. While I might be critical of Christopher Tolkien at times, as regards some of his decisions about his father's works and papers, I very much admire his dedication to his father's legacy and the true love he has for it, and would never want him to be compromised by the Hollywood greed machine. Love for the books is one thing that I think PJ has forgotten and left out of his movies....and in my dream of a utopia Christopher would have that power, but sadly my utopia doesn't exist yet, much like my title of queen of the world.

Quote:
Yet even wishes might contain unfair (from a given person's opinion) criticism.
I can see where you're coming from with that....interpretation of one's words is one of the best and worst things about writing and posting anything. I appreciate you and Mith calling me on mine, because it's forced me to clarify some things, and consider how my words might have seemed to other people. So, thanks.