View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 02:09 AM   #16
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Silmaril

This sounds a lot like a problem i had. I too, happen to read very fast. When i read i pass important plot enhancements without even being aware of it. This also happened when i started reading Lord of the Rings when i was 14. I understood very little of it. But after i finished it, i did some research on other works of J.R.R Tolkien and i came across a book called The Silmarillion. I started reading it when i was nearly 16, and i loved it! I found it absolutely fantastic. But for you, i think the Silmarillion is a bit too advanced since the literature style is very Elizabethan times/Old english.
Now i have finished the Silmarillion and im reading Unfinished Tales. But in this process i havent forgotten Lord of the Rings. Im currently re-reading it for the second time. And this time im understanding it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So why dont you try reading it a bit more. You dont have to grasp every detail of the novel with one read,(dont push yourself too hard). And if you still get annoyed with it, try waiting a couple of years until you will be mature enough to grasp the literature.
Hope i've helped in a way [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote