View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #139
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Silmaril

Mellondu's gaze at the black elf was cold and distant, but Mellonin's flamed with rage. Ravion glanced at her and then grasped her upper arm, and restrained her; incredibly, the elf-woman allowed it.

Erebemlin stepped forward, slowly, and Mellondu's body stiffened with each step Erebemlin took.

"Roy Edwards, or whatever his true name may be, is not our concern, however he may have grieved us. His doom is his own, I deem. Nor are you our concern, now that we see that the child is safe."

Tharonwe seemed to struggle for a moment, and then he slowly stood. "If I am not your concern, then you are a fool."

"Perhaps, " Erebemlin replied, but his eyes lit with a joy that he did not conceal. A moment later, a lilting laughter filled the cave, growing louder and louder as it rang out in the cold air. Erebemlin's joy spread from his eyes, to his lips, and soon his deep ringing laughter joined Mellonin's. Then the blacksmith's laughter joined them too; but the blacksmith's laughter was not like the laugh of men, but like rippling gold, sunlight on the water.

Ravion looked at Raefindan, and wondered what sudden joy had come over the elves; all the elves but one. Black rage was on Tharonwe's face, but it held no sway over the others.

Erebemlin turned to face the blacksmith, and his eyes were wild with joy.

My lord, my lord, she is near. She is near. Do you not feel her song? She is near.

Mellondu walked to Erebemlin, and the great golden elf and the sturdy gondorian blacksmith clasped forearms. The fire in Erebemlin's eyes spread to Mellondu's.

Yes, my faithful friend. I hear her voice. At last, at last. She is near. At last.

Mellondu turned to Avarien.

I shall nevermore name you faithless. Good lady, best of friends, I name you friend of Amroth. You have led us well. May you be forever blessed.

Mellonin shook her head, tears of joy stinging her face in the cold. "Good my lord," she replied. "It was the child. I but followed the child. The blessing belongs to her."