View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #255
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Saeryn

“What games will you be in, Saeryn?” Rowenna asked, capturing her arm.

Saeryn blinked, shaking herself out of her thoughts. “I have not decided!” she said. “You have just told me the options yourself. I have learned how to throw a knife, so I think I will join that, though I doubt I’ll win. And the three-legged race will be fun. But why,” she said, coming back to the racing, “why did you ask Eodwine if you could ride Flíthaf and not trouble me for my horse? He’s more fit for you, and can run faster that Flíthaf, I’ll lay my bet on it.”

--

Javan

The four of them seemed to arrive just in time to sign up for the events that they wished to partake in. At the edge of the encampment, they all slid off their horses and leaving them standing with their reins dangling on the ground, they went in to see what exactly was going on.

Javan found Thornden as quickly as he could.

“What’s going on, big brother?”

“Haven’t you heard?” Thornden asked, turning with a smile.

“I’ve heard that we get the day off and are having a proper festival with games and feasting and all! What are the events, though? Erbrand only had a vague sketch!”

“There are lots. I don’t know if I can remember all of them. Let’s see...horse racing, foot racing, wrestling, javelin throwing, knife throwing, a sack fight of some sort, a sword duel - no, you can’t participate - quarterstaves...others, I can’t recall.”

“No archery?” Javan asked disappointedly.

“Oh, yes, archery, to be sure.”

“Excellent.” The boy rubbed his hands together with anticipation. “Do we have to talk to someone to get into what we want?”

“Lithor, over yonder. What are you planning on doing?”

Javan told him the same as he had told Erbrand and then made off for the group of people surrounding Lithor.