View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #11
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
Actually I am currently running a ME adventure using D&D rules...
That's it! We should start one... we clearly have enough people to do it.
(Characters, Barrow Wights 1 through X... don't want to put names in not to offend anyone )

DM: You walk up a narrow path that makes it way towards Weathertop
BW1: if we get attacked by Nazghul, are we getting out of it book or movie style? I mean, I'm Aragorn here and I wanna set those monsters to flame
BW2: Are you kidding me? I get to be Frodo... I like his heroic (even if misguided) attempt at defending himself in the books!
BW3: By the way guys, have you ever wondered how it is possible that Merry's sword, which comes from the Barrow Downs, is able to hurt the WK in the battle of Pelennor and yet when Frodo attacks him on Weathertop Aragorn says that his sword couldn't hurt the WK? I mean, both swords come from the same place...

*After three hours worth of discussion, quote-quoting and a few notes saying "I OWE YOU... rep points on the 'downs for your last comment"*

DM: Alright... so we all agree that Aragorn was wrong, We have no clue what Bombadil is, but he is not an overgrown hobbit or an undersized balrog and Arwen should NOT be saving Frodo in this game... can we move on?
BW1: Now that you mention it... do Balrogs have wings?

Ok, on second thought then maybe we'd be worse off than those D&D folks=P