View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
In other words, flesh to be capable.
No you said that I claimed to be able to do absolutely anything (which you said was how were the Ainur capable of making Arda without bodies) one must have a body. And I'm saying, I never said this, I only said to be able to punch someone else with a tangible form, you must have a form yourself.

Quote:
It was like a contract.
Curses are far more spiteful than contracts. They aren't something that are easy to break. It's a form of revenge because someone did injustice to you or someone/something you hold very dear. Curses aren't some nice sweet thing like 'I'm going to curse you because you betrayed me...you aren't going to rest until your oath to fighting for Gondor is going to be fulfilled. I'm going to be soft on you though, and just so you can break this curse I gave you, I will make sure that you are able to fulfill it.'

Curses aren't sweet like that, and they aren't something that can be easily broken. There is nothing 'easy' about a curse, if the Dead Army was incapable of breaking it that's their own problem and they will have to live with it. Take a look at the curse placed upon the sons of Feanor, and the curse Morgoth put on Hurin and his house.

I don't see how hard it is to recognize that being dead means you have no body, and there is no special little sweetness curse Isildur gave them to make sure their bodies stayed intact. Because being dead, means you have no physical body.