View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #27
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
1,000 Reader, yes I think the effectiveness of the Dead Army we have debated to death, and there's nothing more to add.
Thanks for agreeing. I've had many annoying trials in which the other side would never stop, even when bested, from liberals to atheists. The fact that you'll let this end means a lot.

Even though the Witch-King may have been surprised at first by the King of the Dead, I don't think he'd retreat. He wouldn't want to give up Minas Tirith, and the King of the Dead may have also been afraid of the Witch-King. Also, seeing as how the Witch-King apparently had control over Barrow-Wights, he might have retaliated in some way instead of fleeing. Of course, whether or not the Witch-King could use a spell to somehow interact with the Dead Army is unknown. Overall, I just don't think the Witch-King would flee.

Also, in case it could be lost in the above text, like I said, the King of the Dead may have been more afraid of the Witch-King.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote