View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Eye

Touch of irony no in being so judgmemtal of Barrow Downers on such a short acquaintanceship? Why not see the positives? On the whole we are an intelligent. witty bunch who reaaly know and loveTolkien. Some (not me ) really know about film. Some even like the films to a greater or lesser degree. Now I know there are Pollyanna Pangloss types ~ some I encounter on a unrelated board~ who refuse on principal to dislike things and when accused of lacking discrimination then say they like some things more. Now that ma be a therapists approved choice of language but semantically it is afine line between using liking more and less and saying like and dislike.

So you have a bunch of opinionated people but the opinions are not mindless.. If you want an unquestioning PJ lovefest you may be in the wrong place. But it is a motherlode if you have more than a superficial interest in Middle Earth. Here you will find those who have lectured and publishd on Tolkien. Again not me yet but I have loved Tolkien's worlld for a very long time now and I mind when it is demeaned.

Positives? How about that they haven't decided that making Eorn a transvestite rather than a skin changer would make him/her more relevant to modern audiences? I am thinking Grayson Perry clutching Alan Measles here....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote