View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #61
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks for the prompting part, Mnemo! As for other duties, I don't see my character as much of an actor, but I think he can be trusted with a couple of minor roles - e.g. the sort of messenger who only appears on the stage to spew a line or two and exits again; and if there's any backstage chores that aren't being taken care of yet, just throw them my way.
I'm currently thinking about my character's background and will try to come up with a bio in the next couple of days. I don't think he's a founding member, but he's been with the troupe for a while. Any idea where they've been touring before coming to Minas Tirith, so that he could have run into them?

About the pantomime - I meant the modern version, the sort of Christmas pantomime of Snow White where the Evil Queen (played by a man, of course) bares her garters while singing & dancing to No Feelings by the Sex Pistols; which made me think of including a few song parodies of the kind that's so popular in some WW games (*coughLottiecough*). But maybe that's a bit over the top, and we don't want the game/play to go that far in the direction of farce?

As for our venue, with theatre being a new/lately revived art in Gondor, we may not (probably will not) have a professional playhouse, but I could see us performing at an inn-yard theatre - maybe even at the Old Guesthouse in Rath Celerdain, where Pippin met Bergil*?

Ang, I love your character! (And I think Pembrocil son of Cirdacil sounds most Tolkienish in terms of Quenya phonotactics, if that's of any importance.)

And we definitely need a playwright!!! Otherwise, who am I supposed to quarrel with?

EDIT
*Let's have Bergil as a cameo/NPC character, possibly one of our sources of information. "No, there was no army of green shimmering Dead Men commanded by the Witch-King on the Pelennor! I watched it all from the walls, I think I'd have noticed!"

Last edited by Pitchwife; 02-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.