View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #157
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

My original response was on the first thread, which seems to have been lost in the mists of time. So here we go again ...

Name (that you go by): There are some who call me ... Tim
Future Aspirations: I am pretty much contented with my life - so more of the same, I suppose.
Goal in life: To see my children grow up happy, healthy and successful in whatever they choose to do.
Short term goals: To finish this questionnaire.
Passion: My family.
Hobbies: Board games, Sport (as a spectator, natch), Internet browsing, Making Playlists on my I-Pod.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): At the moment, giving up smoking after 22 years on 20+ a day. 7 months and still struggling (but still going).

Fave book: Difficult to pick out one. Other than The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit etc, probably The Magus and Wuthering Heights. I recently enjoyed Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Northern Lights and Cloud Atlas, and have been working my through Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Currently reading Bad Science.
Fave movie: Again, difficult to pick out one. So here's a huge list instead: Alien, Blade Runner, Brazil, A Bridge Too Far, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Cloverfield, ET the Extra-Terrestrial, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, King Kong, The Lord of the Rings, Life of Brian, Lost in Translation, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Pan's Labyrinth, Shaun of the Dead, Star Wars, The Terminator, The Thing, Toy Story, 12 Angry Men, 28 Days Later.
Fave sport: Football (England and Chelski), Cricket (England) and F1 (Button and Hamilton).
Fave store: The Game Shop in Aldershot. And anywhere else that sells board games.
Fave music: Once again, it is impossible to pick out any one style or group, so it has to be another huge list: Air, The Arcade Fire, The Beatles, Blur, David Bowie, Kate Bush, The Charlatans, The Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, The Cure, The Divine Comedy, Dodgy, Doves, Elbow, Feeder, The Feeling, The Fratellis, Goldfrapp, Gomez, Gorillaz, Kasabian, The Kinks, Lemon Jelly, Madness, Mansun, Oasis, Pink Floyd, REM, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, Scouting for Girls, The Specials, The Stone Roses, The White Stripes, The Who, Robbie Williams. And much much more. I love music me.

What you can't stand: People who dawdle. Wherever - whether shuffling in the tube, bumbling around on the pavement, or pootling along on the motorway. I hate dawdlers.
What you plain dislike: Those who demand their rights without acknowledging their responsibilities.
Who you admire: The wonderful Mrs S.
What you most love to do: Listen to Music. Drink wine. Play board games with Mrs S. Preferably all three at the same time.
Your self-confessed flaws: Laziness and perfectionism. Which is an appalling combination. I want things to be perfect, but I'm generally too lazy to make them so myself ...
What intrigues/fascinates you: Mysteries. Although I am a lot less credulous and superstitious than I was in my younger days.
What scares you: Spiders. I am a pathetic arachnophobe. As are the rest of the family. Which makes dealing with spiders in the house rather tricky.
Quotation to live by: Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Additional comments: Do I get the job?