Thread: In War
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 03:56 PM   #32
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Hello," came a voice from next to Rhys. The man nearly jumped in surprise, not having noticed that someone had been next to him. The girl who had spoken was a skinny little waif, blond-haired with dark green eyes. Her stature and presence was enough to tell Rhys that she was a child of the Rohirrim, or her kin were.

Just as the girl had spoken, the leader of their little group called out for a halt and for weapons to be drawn. Little was actually done to heed this, and most stared in curiosity as a slightly stooped figure in a brown cloak waddled by. The situation was soon taken care of, rest and noontime meal announced, and Rhys was able to return to a conversation with the girl.

"Hello there. I'm Rhys. And you are?" Rhys took the girl's hand and shook it gently. She seemed quite fragile as if she was made of glass. Why is she here?

"Eorlyn!" The girl suggested in a cheery voice, despite the drab weariness that the weather usually brought to folk.

"Well Eorlyn, why might you be joining us? Where from?" Rhys inquired, hoping he would receive an answer.

Meanwhile, Jisela said naught in response to Krosan's question. I'll show you how long I can keep it up. I'll keep it up as long as I feel like it! Jisela thought bitterly. They rode next to each other in silence for another few minutes, until Krosan sighed and turned to Jisela, who had been trying to avoid the man.

"How long, did you say?" Krosan asked, as if he might have received a previous answer and hadn't heard it, or thought he'd get an answer out of her this time.

Jisela had the distinct urge to punch Krosan in the face, and let that be that. Instead, Jisela just smiled sweetly, feeling ever so clever, and turned to Krosan.

"What do you mean, sir?" Jisela asked, and then pointed out into the distance on the other side of Krosan. Krosan turned to see what Jisela had gestured to, and in that split second Jisela swooped down from her horse and grabbed a handful of snow. When Krosan turned back around, he received a hail of powdery snow in his face. Jisela turned away immediately and began to whistle innocently.

"I wonder how the food will be at the inn," Jisela mused, ignoring the fact that Krosan had snow all over his face.