View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #406
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Evening of Dec 22: Mellonin

Well, this certainly solves a host of problems, mused Mellonin as they prepared to march northwest. Gond snorted at her as she tightened his girth, sniffed her as she held his lead, and looked over his shoulder to the southeast.

"We will return you to your master. Have no fear, " she said. She wondered as Gond's nostrils flared and flared, and his huge barrel swelled; then she winced as he let out a thunderous cry. It would have echoed anywhere else. In this desolate swamp the neigh seemed to fall flat. But there was no mistaking the heart behind it.

"Like you, I wish he had not gone, " she said, tugging at him as she turned to follow the others. Raefindan, Aeron, and Gwyllion were ready to go. "But for us, I think it is best that he has gone." Relief flooded her, for a moment, for a while. She need hide from the ranger no longer.

Raefindan knew, of course, but she trusted him like a brother.

Truly? she asked herself, and then gave a feirce nod. He will never replace my own brother. But it is as if I had two; an older, redhaired brother, and a younger dreamer. The thought pleased her, and she accepted it easily, even smiling a little. Raefindan, my adopted brother, and most loyal ally in my search for the younger blood brother. Raefindan will not leave me. It matters not if the others do.

She felt a twinge of guilt at that; little Gwyllion, who seemed so very present sometimes, and so lost at others; clever and simple, crafty and naive, foolish and wise. And she showed very good taste, being fond of Ravion.

It is best that he depart. It is best. We will find Mellondu, somehow, with fewer distractions. He has left us all his supplies; I wonder why he did not take some for himself; but we will find the way. We must. We will not grieve his departure.

I will not grieve his departure.

I will not.

Last edited by mark12_30; 08-23-2004 at 11:07 AM.