View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #3971
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Firefoot and I have decided that Scyld's and Rowenna's efforts to uncover the identity and murderer of the dead man found in the curing shed did not turn out: all leads led to dead ends.

What I know, then, is that Scyld is absent from Scarburg for a few years; is that sudden and unexplained, or not? I don't know, that's up to Firefoot.

During this time, I presume that Rowenna will have stayed at Scarburg; she has no reason to go anywhere else, unless Scyld had told her of his plans, in which case she might have been tempted to join him, but probably not as he has not yet given her enough reason to trust him enough.

So Rowenna stays at Scarburg, and also remains unwed as she is unwilling to marry anyone at all, deeming none of the men quite to her liking. Whether she admits it to herself or not, this is because she is comparing all men to Scyld and finds them wanting.

Meanwhile, she has become as close to Saeryn as she is capable of doing, and has served as one of the babysitters for the twins. Has she been the only one? Has she made it so by alienating everyone else from the task? If so, could her influence be one reason why the little girl is so wilfull? Just some thoughts to mull.