View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #449
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Argeleafa likewise stood, and her face paled as she grasped Liornung's arm. Fear rose inside of her, and she murmured, 'What is he going to do?'

'I do not know,' said Liornung, his own face dark. 'Nethwador!' he cried. 'Please, return to us.' Nethwador paid no heed. Argeleafa's fear deepened, and she trembled violently. Images rose in her mind, of Nethwador attacking Ędegard, and the latter defending himself with a will. Both would be hurt, surely, if it came to this. Nethwador's intentions were not good; harm to one or both would ensue.

'Oh, cruel, cruel!' she gasped weakly. 'What has my sorrow caused? I should have thought... Nethwador was angry enough without seeing that I had been hurt as well.' She sat down on the ground, feeling that her legs would not support her. Feebly she called to Nethwador, but again he did not answer, and he was almost standing before Ędegard. Argeleafa clenched her fists and watched with terror-filled eyes, finding no will to stand and try to stop Nethwador, nor to call out once again, she watched in quiet desparation, praying that her worries were foolish and that no harm would come to either Nethwador or Ędegard.