View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #107
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
FG-C-22: I think we have a usable transition now, so unless gondowe (or anyone else) objects, we will keep the poem.

FG-D-17: Yes, I agree with your last suggestion to leave the text as it was.

FG-T-24: This seems to be the last difficult point. There are several questions I'm wrestling with here:

- Should GA be interpreted as a rejection of the more bellicose counsel of Ulmo?
- Can ToY be interpreted in any way other than as a confirmation that Ulmo's counsel of war was still present?
- Is it possible to make our text ambiguous, so that it neither includes the counsel of war nor contradicts it?
- Would we be justified in going against the earlier decision, made by the larger group that was active at that time?

I am leaning toward including the counsel of war, more or less in line with the text as it stands in Findegil's last post, but that last question is troubling me. Also, it seems that Gondowe still prefers to omit that part of the counsel, and I'd prefer that the decision be made by unanimous consensus rather than by a 2-1 vote.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote