View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 04:40 PM   #8
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mattius, Endereth and Radagast walked along the lane and talked much.

They discussed what could be wrong in Fanghorn but as Radagast said more than once. "There could be no knowing until we have done some seeing." Eventually they conversation turned to what they had been doing for ten hundred years a piece. Endereth was particularly interested to know how Radagast and Mattius had remained friends trapped together in each other's company for so long.

Radagast smiled. 'We drift in and out of each others lives my dear. We have often gone our separate ways for a hundred years or more but something or other calls us back to each other. I fear our destiny's will always be linked and now I see you after all this time I presume Calontiel and Rothalle will be crossed upon this road sooner or later."

"Do you really believe so?" Mattius gasped.

"Certainly Firnlord. My wits are a little sharper than when first we met, although my skills still leave a lot to be desired. To be honest I am glad we are headed for Fanghorn. At least in the midst of nature I have some understanding. You, young folk I will never make sense of."

Endereth laughed, "I fear we are no longer young dear Radagast."

"Hmmm. I suppose some might be of that persuasion but you will always be very babes to me. Aha!" The ancient wizard stopped sharply. "Told you my skills were sharper these days. We shall be a considerable company indeed."

Endereth and Mattius stood at his shoulder waiting for further information, just as they had done on many an occasion in their previous time together. Just as it was then, the wizard said no more but began walking down the slope once again, oblivious of their consternation.

"I see his social skills haven't improved," Endereth said quietly to Mattius.

"Only with us. He still excels in conversing with creatures." He replied.

"That may be of great use to us in the great forest," she observed.

"I presume that is one of the reasons why fate brings us all together once more."

Endereth and Mattius quickened their pace to keep step with the wizard as he sang to himself. "Do you think he's right about us meeting Calontiel and Rothalle again?" Endereth asked.

"Is he ever wrong?"

"Frequently," she replied.