View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 01:04 AM   #237
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Ill hold my tongue, and bide my time thought Carathir silently to himself. As he came last behind the others at a canter. and when my time is up, ill have none of this Godorian supremecy ... He glared under his hood at the untidy form of Maén riding ahead between Atharen and Roryn.

It would be a few hours before sunset. And Maén had been pleasantly surprised by the time the company had made by the bout of galloping. Hittai was foaming at the mouth from her little race. Maén grinned at the animal, her sturdy and light form had made Hittai the perfect partner for Maén. The horse was indeed small in form being typical of the western Harad bloodline, however the only time that Maén was allowed to ride her in the manner that let her hair fall loose was at Lysias.

Maén halted Hittai outside the gates to the village and pulled back her golden hair so that she was slightly presentable.

“Who is that?” asked a well spoken old man form behind the gate. Maén looked to the others before nodding for Roryn to answer.

“Just some passers through with our sisters. We wish for accommodation”

“The Inn is very expensive” the man cooed from behind the gate.

“And we have the expenses” added Maén.

“Very well then.” The man said slowly and let the company pass. Maén felt a cold shiver go down her spine and the blood drain from her face.

“We haven’t seen hair that golden since the traitor.” He said callously. Maén went rigid in her saddle.

“Are you implying something about my sister” Atharen asked the man sternly.

“Not at all… sir.” The man slinked back into his watch place.

Maén did not like at all the feel of the town, something was too quiet, or perhaps it was the sound of a town which was not busy all the time like Minas Tirith. “We need to find an Inn” was all she said.

“Very Well” agreed Ferethor.

They dismounted their horses and strode through the muddy streets of Jacobe’s Run until they came to a run down little building which had hanging outside, a sign which read “In” someone had obviously stolen the second N.

“Its not my usual establishment” replied Maén wishing suddenly that she had her feather bed to lie upon. “But it will do none the less.” She did not give the others a chance to agree before she strode inside and sat at a secluded table, some of the men went to fetch drinks form the bar whilst Maén and Crystal remained seated. “Don’t worry Miss Lahnoro” spoke Crystal softly. “Its not so bad, this place.”
“That’s not what im worried about…” she said.

Shortly the door to the Inn opened again and a man entered heavily cloaked, He removed his hood and looked around. Maén gave a startled cry and gripped the table.

This man once again gazed around the room with his dark blue eyes. “Where is she? Where is Maén?”

Last edited by Everdawn; 05-06-2004 at 03:47 AM.