View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #1937
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Opening the can of worms again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Guard room and Armory at the front of the building. Guardroom a little too small for my liking...unless we decide to put all the men who aren't strictly guards back in that back room.
I need to get this settled probably now. So, which one of the maps are we going to use? Because if it is the last one (presented in the post I am quoting) and the guardroom is in the main building, it is preeeeeetty small! I mean, in that case, it would be just guardroom for, like, some eight people sleeping there at most, or something like that. And I was just writing my post for Hilderinc and I accidentally used one of the former maps, where the room was much bigger and next to the kitchens... thus Hilderinc's thoughts about it were good... then I saw this and figured that in that case, I would need to reconsider. In that case, his reactions would be preeetty negative (Which is maybe in our intention? ) So, anyway, I do not have time to finish my post now, but when I will be back home in the evening, some six hours from now or a bit more, then I would like to post (well, of course I can still edit it later if we decide otherwise... but since the looks of the barracks are probably going to influence Hilderinc's mood, I think it's time to settle it now).

So, meanwhile, if there is anything yet to add or alter about the Mead Hall's appearance, or mainly, about the soldiers' "housing place", let's talk about it... also, where are the men of the Mead Hall living now (i.e. the locals)? Are some soldiers now in the barracks, and some of them are going to move out, or will some of them stay and squeeze in with a few of the new soldiers, while others will be... where? Where do the men sleep? And where will the rest of Athanar's soldiers sleep? It is obvious that not all soldiers, let alone all men in the Mead Hall can sleep in the same small room. (Personally, I had nothing against the original placing of the barracks against the kitchen, as it would be at least partially heated from the kitchen, if there is a fireplace built in the neighbouring wall.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories