View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 07:28 AM   #23
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Whenever they showed a shot of the Nazghul in the air, the background just looked plain fake. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeh, pretty true there Imrahil, at least for the close up pics. Especially the first time we see him. But I think that was supposed to be PJs way of saying to people who haven't read the books: <P> "Okay, look, this is a Black Rider. You remember them, right? Now, we're gonna zoom out a little bit, but be prepared for a bit of a shock. Here, I'll hold your hand..."<P>It's awful, though, seeing a movie and thinking to yourself, okay that guy's not really there, that guy is just another guy in a blue suit, those guys aren't really there, they're just in front of a blue screen... all the magic is gone.<P>What? Eh? Shriek? Oh... What? Uh, yeah they were much wussier this time round - <B>in direct contradiction to what the books say!!!</B> Groan! I think in general the Nazgul look even more impotent (teehee!) than in FOTR. I mean, the guy was hovering right there! Do something! Bite Frodo's head off, or something! <P>It's funny how the Fell Beasts looked so dragon-like, cos in all the illustrations I've seen they look just like that, only they're not as dragony. I always pictured them as souped-up Pteranadons - I would've liked to see that bony head bit that Pteranodons had.