View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #223
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
The Flet: Erebemlin

“Silmaethor, what do you make of the water and drowning?” Taitheneb leaned across the table as he spoke.

“I am sorry for interrupting, but what water and who’s drowning?” Ædegard’s face was sober, and he furrowed his brows.

Erebemlin looked from Taitheneb’s face to Ædegard’s before answering. “Before you arrived, Lord Amroth dreamed of drowning.” The Sinda stopped while he considered its implications.

“I saw him,” Taitheneb turned his eyes to Ædegard and then to the others. “His breath was stopped under the water.” The elf looked down at his hands and shook his head. “If not for Silmaethor…”

“I did what was needed. Do not make more of it.” Erebemlin shot a glance at Taitheneb from across the table. “Again I am uncertain of what to make of it.”

At that moment the sound of Bellyn’s sweet voice touched his ear. She was humming softly, and then she began to sing as if only to herself.

The wind was in his flowing hair,
The foam about him shone;
Afar they saw him strong and fair
Go riding like a swan.

But from the West has come no word,
And on the Hither Shore
No tidings Elven-folk have heard
Of Amroth evermore.

The girl then sat back. Her face was slightly pink from embarrassment.

Erebemlin looked up surprised. Why had he not thought of it before? “Miss Bellyn, that is it. These dreams must be memories of his drowning, or…” The elf thought over what he made out of Amroth’s dreams minutes before. “Or her memories of it. It is possible that if the Lady Nimrodel is still in Middle Earth…she knows of his passing. If he is finding her in his dreams, then maybe she has memories or images of his death in her mind.”

The elf took a deep breath and opened his mouth to continue, when something rustled behind him. Turning he saw Amroth stir and then push himself up from the floor.