View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #71
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I too finally got around to (re-)listening to the first CD today, and enjoyed it very much. For me, hearing Tolkien's own words so faithfully reproduced is an important aspect. So far, I liked all of the voices used.

I do have one minor dissatisfaction - the melody to the Road poem is in a minor key and sounds rather depressing to me. But then, I haven't heard a melody yet that I really thought appropriate, which resulted in my making up my own. Actually, this is one thing I did like better in PJ's movie version - the melody there is cheerful and simple, which seems right for Hobbits.

I did like the sound effect for the Ring - if I remember correctly, the same effect was used on the Hobbit recordings. Interestingly, I think it sounds similar to what the movie used for Arwen's pendent!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote