View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 04:39 AM   #648
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
I had to crank this thread up for this one: gardens in Warwickshire.

Just scroll down to the one labelled Hobbiton. I wish we had a closer look, but what I'm seeing here is quite pleasant. And the idea of incorporating this as part of a children's hospice is so appropriate and needed.
Bet you didn't know one of the designers was erstwhile top pop princess of the early 80s Kim Wilde who did the seminal Kids In America (and her look is now being copied by millions of lasses in the UK - blonde spiky mullet, stripy t-shirt, skin tight jeans, pixie boots etc - I went as far as getting the retro stripy t-shirt but not the mullet, no way ).

However, I've got that fence and gate now too. See. Hand made by Mr Proudfoot AKA me Dad - who also displayed an unknown talent for the esoteric skill of drystonewalling. I am not having a giant Gandalf though as not only would the neighbours laugh but it would get robbed. But I do have a Gollum round the back - they sell 'em in Wath.