View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #194
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArathornJax View Post

Are we moving forward this Sunday to the next episode?
Hopefully - or I should say I definitely mean to. Of course, the boss (our six month old) has the final say on whether I have time.....

As to interest in the thread generally - we've had nearly 3,000 views at the time of writing this, but very few participants. I'm assuming that most people on here haven't heard the series, so they're reading what we post but not feeling able to join in. Hopefully some people will buy their own copy as a result of reading this.

That said, I know there are a fair few Downers who do have it because they've posted on here - they just don't seem to be posting anymore . Short answer is I don't know why this thread has so few participants but so many viewers.

I don't know whether I took the right approach - doing an episode a week. Maybe it should just have been a general discussion of the series as a whole - & if people want to change to that now that's OK with me.

All that said, if you take a look at the Chapter-by-Chapter discussion of LotR we did a few years back we often ended up (in the later chapter discussions) with only 2 or three participants.....
davem is offline   Reply With Quote