Thread: Why Legolas?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #8
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I'd have preferred it if they showed Boromir in his place. I don't think the Boromir heel turn (wrestling terminology ) was subtle enough. I liked the scene on Caradhras where he picks up the Ring (which Frodo dropped....how exactly?) but I didn't like Galadriel's line - He will try to take the Ring - or Boromir's mad snuffling on the boat which, conveniently, only Frodo noticed. A bit forced, but it was still alright.~Eomer
I concur!
Quote:
If you look at the book, doesn't it say something about 'one by one it will destroy them all' in that scene?~random elf
Firstly, welcome to the downs, I hope you enjoy it here. Now onto the thread...

I don't think that line's in there. It's said by Galadriel in the movies, but there's no mention of her saying anyone is being corrupted. We get a really strong sense that Galadriel knows what people the Fellowship is thinking (especially Boromir and Aragorn), and there is plenty of mention that it seems as if she's tested them with their very desires, but as far as saying everyone's being corrupted, I think that's just in the movies.
Quote:
But if the scene was about corruption, it brings us back to Why Legolas? After Aragorn, he's the least likely to be corrupted!
I will be up for a debate over that!