View Single Post
Old 10-25-2002, 04:59 AM   #286
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

As Nitir joined Azraph's family, she found Azraph sitting up, waiting.

"Nitir, where is Azra? Is she all right?"

"Oh, I'm sure she's fine, " Nitir replied, and started getting ready for sleep. A shadow crossed the entrance to the alcove, and Phura 's voice whispered, "Nitir! Isn't Azra with you?"

"No, " she sighed, "I'm not sure where she is. Exploring, I expect."

Phura's hand went to his brow. "Exploring. Great, that's just great. And exactly what--" and then he paused, and turned to Azraph. "You two are so alike. If you were her, where would you have gone?"

"You're far too worried, " Nitir soothed them, "She can take care of herself."

Phura obviously did not share Nitir's confidence, and waited for Azraph's response.

A slow smile crossed Azraph's face. "The Smithy, " she said, "or the mines. If not there-- then the old tombs." Azraph got up, smoothed her ragged dress and shook back her hair, and held out her hand to Phura. They melted into the shadows.

Nitir shook her head, and lay wearily down.

Phura and Azraph searched the Smithy, and the mines, and finally went through the tombs, but saw no sign of Azra.

Azra watched them go past from her hiding place, and wondered why they were out so late.

They went to the water's edge, but they did not find her there, either.

"You've got to get some sleep, " Phura finally told Azraph.

"I'm too worried, " she replied. They returned to Azraph's family alcove, and found that Nitir had gone. They sat waiting for her return. Azraph fell asleep leaning against the cave wall, and Phura sat and watched her. He was tempted to move her; but he had never touched her beyond holding or kissing her hands, and he did not dare now. Finally he woke her, and she went to her place and lay down, and he sat in the doorway and waited.

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]