View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 06:05 AM   #6
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Grey Istar, your reply I must say stirs up the pot more than Hawkeye's.<P>Folks are free to express their opinions here as long as they do not attack other board members or use orcish language.<P>I suppose insulting Tolkien himself could also be grounds for problems.<P>However, critiquing the movies [ and oh are they asking for it from a Books oriented Tolkien site] <B>is totally acceptable here</B>, what I find <B>unacceptable</B> is your reasoning: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>There is a point when critque becomes blaintant hatred and unacceptance despite all reasoning. Many of you have crossed that line.<BR>I like it. They set up this premace slightly different from the book and stuck to it even though they knew it would upset some people.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You acknowledge that they knew it [ the changes in the movies] would upset some people but here you are telling someone not to be upset.<P>hmm sounds as if <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There is a point when critque becomes blaintant hatred and unacceptance despite all reasoning. Many of you have crossed that line. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> is a 2way street.<P>As a mod I want to underline the following - please let us all tolerate the opinions of each other, the alternative is not pretty and the downs will not allow it. We have worked hard to keep a very warm and friendly spirit here, so if you can not debate and argue in that fashion then do not.<p>[ December 26, 2002: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote