View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #50
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes... well, all that about the EW having more to fear than the GW and wanting to stay hidden as long as possible has been discussed as we've been, er, heeding the Watchers prophecy and preparing for the day when the Shadow arrived. The thing that holds me up is wondering how exactly this fear will be apparent in the the EW's posts. Which brings me back around to expecting that the EW will be relatively quiet, banking on slipping just under our watchfulness. Being too quiet is suspicious in and of itself, so we'll be looking for someone riding the middle ground. Problem is, in a village this size, the middle ground will be a vast field full of gopher holes. Nasty little buggers, those. You've got to sneak up from behind and smack them over the heads or... er... I digress.

The only thing my ruminations lead me to is thinking that the EW won't be among the loud players. But then, uh oh, I realize that maybe that's just the sort of logic EW is banking on and he might be trying The Purloined Letter technique instead: hiding in plain sight. Which leaves me with -- the EW could be loud or moderately quiet, ergo, the candidates will consist of a good two thirds of the village.

Finally, I've consulted my Werewolf lorebooks, and they say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Lorebooks
When a red fox and a brown cow frolic in the ocean, you will know who the Wizards are.
Bloody lot of help the lorebooks turned out to be. *chucks lorebooks into the fire*