View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #78
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Piracy? Well, I have sailed on numerous voyages to distant and debatable lands; and, like most people, I've dabbled in a bit of jewel-trading. That's all in the past, though. Mormegil, venerable man, and Good Saucepan Man and beautiful Lady Celuien, I meant not to show disrespect to your family; but Kitanna and I, our destiny is to be together! Won't you bless us? Because, you know, this village might only last a few more days, and weddings are mighty complicated to arrange.
You've quite a long way to go, young man, ere I will lend my support to your cause. Though I will confess, I am not wholly unsympathetic, my own romance having been frowned upon in my younger days. We shall see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
The difficulty in spotting the EW is that s/he will be doing his/her best to remain hidden and not to stir up controversy. Or at least to behave as we would expect him/her to, so as not to draw attention to him/herself. That in itself may help us in finding him/her.
That does seem the wisest move for the EW. As the phantom pointed out, once found, the GW may have good reason to call an early challenge and prevent werewolf population expansion. Though I would not expect a too early challenge.

We still have no gifteds. But after night four, when the gifted population could be complete and the werewolves have reached (let me count now: 2 currently, one added toNIGHT (and one gifted), 3 tomorrow night and one more added (two gifteds) and 4 the night after, plus one more (three gifteds)) for 5 wolves to 3 gifteds, then the time might be right for a challenge. Assuming that the wizards don't choose the same villager again, of course, and that no un-gifting/cursing occurs.

To make it even more difficult to flush out the EW, we can't even count on a defense of his/her creatures from him/her. The wolves s/he curses are expendable so long as the wolf under attack isn't the last one. Killed wolves can be replaced overnight, so why bother to save them in the day and risk a self-exposure?

I hesitate to discuss wizard spotting strategies further since they could equally be applied to the GW. While the phantom has a point about the GW having little to fear, I for one would not want to risk inadvertently exposing the GW to the EW prematurely.

Now, I'm not really excited about voting for anyone who has been proposed so far. While I'm itching to give that rascally Loki a piece of my mind (), I'm unwilling to vote for him before he has a chance to prove himself in the village. I am puzzled a little by his declaration, since I find its veracity lacking, but it seems an unwolf like thing to do as it guarantees attention. I think that, like his trickster namesake, he's sowing confusion. Which irritates me, but is not grounds for me to vote for him. Yet.

Now I must be off. My store of herbs is low and needs replenishing. I'll return in a few hours.