View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #241
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
night 3

I just realised this is the last night I have here, so I may as well post it. Then I died, so the other wolves can take over.

Quote:
And that's about as good as a day could be! 6 people voted for, none of them Faithful! (TGWBS)
Quote:
I think that we all did extremely well, reflected in the fact that none of us received a vote... setting Rune and Brinniel at each other was a snazzy move. (Spm)
Quote:
Nogrod... when?

He'll probably be protected tonight, unless the ranger knows this and double-bluffs and protects him tomorrow night.

You know, these villagers are so good at confusing themselves because we've left no trail. I don't want to start leaving one now. Whoever we kill, try to make sure the link to us isn't too strong.

I'd prefer not to kill Mith as she is one of the only people to trust in my innocence (TGWBS)
Quote:
Anyway...tomorrow I plan to continue to go after Rune, perhaps...

And I think Mith is a good possibility. She's being too dramatic for my tastes anyway. The only thing I might regret about getting rid of her is her suspicion of Lalaith, who could still make a good lynch candidate, I think...

Should we consider getting rid of one of Gil or Hookbill, or do you think people will really turn on them (or can be turned on them) soon enough? (durelin[Yes! they will!)
Quote:
I've based this list on peoples' accusations on each other: who suspected any other, possibly is not in league with him. It is not 100% foolproof, I might have made a mistake in reasoning somewhere, but I tried to remark only what seemed to be completely explicite suspicions on each other. Thus, by sorting these off, I came to this list of possible pairs of Ranger&Hunter (from those who are still alive):

Gil-Galad - with Kath, Kitanna, Mith, Nogrod or Rune.
Hookbill - with Mith, Nogrod, or Rune.
Kath - with Gil-Galad or Mithalwen.
Kitanna - with Gil-Galad, Mithalwen or Rune.
Lalaith - possibly is not either, because accused everyone.
Mänwe - possibly is not either, because accused everyone.
Mithalwen - with Gil-Galad, Hookbill, Kath, or Kitanna.
Nogrod - with Gil-Galad or Hookbill.
Rune - with Gil-Galad, Hookbill, or Kitanna.
Thin - possibly is not either, because accused everyone. (legate)
Quote:
there are a number of people now who seem more likely to attract votes than us, namely:

Lalaith
Manwe
Lommy
Rune
Gil-Galad
Hookbill

ToMorrow, I plan on continuing with my suspicions of Rune and I will be looking at those last minute voters for Brinniel (which might be portrayed as an attempt to save him). These happily include Lalaith and Lommy

I did wonder whether Rune might be the Ranger for his “Silly Sod” comment after voting closed. It looks like he probably thought he was about to be lynched and was berating the village

I do not think that we should kill Hookbill or Gil-Galad. With Nogrod still around, there is always a good chance that they will be turned on. Kath is a possibility, though. (SpM)
Quote:
we must try to get a gifted. Rune looks like one to me for his silly sods comment. I'm also not sure there's much chance of getting him lynched tomorrow - the case against him seemed to pop out of nowhere. Killing him would also confuse the village, because they'd find that their top 2 candidates were innocent! I'm not sure what they'd make of this, though.

Lalaith, Manwe, Hookbill, Gil there's a chance of lynching tomorrow. Stay away from them, I say.

So, in summation, who to kill:
I am for Rune and Mith, in that order.
I am neutral regarding Kath.
I am against killing the others. (TGWBS)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
So, we must try to get a gifted. Rune looks like one to me for his silly sods comment.
The more I think about it, the more I agree. And a Ranger is more likely to have made that comment that a Hunter.

My main concern about killing Rune is that there are a fair few who suspected him. I like the potential for confusion that killing Rune brings.

On reflection, I am in favour of killing Rune, and would not have any problem with killing either Mith or Kath. I would prefer to leave Kitanna, as her quietness and non-controversial approach may begin to gather suspicion. (SpM)
Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out what the villagers will make of us killing Rune (if we do). I think it's pretty much a wild card - it's such an unconventional thing to do.

What could the Faithful achieve by showing the village that both its chief suspects were innocent? One theory would propose that there would be a few wolves among the Brinniel voters, who, fearing attention next day, would remove the spotlight on them by revealing that all those who voted for Rune also voted for an innocent. (TGWBS)
Quote:
Killing Rune is a risk, there's no doubt about it. But it will not be expected, and I rather like that. I also think that there's a reasonable chance that he's the Ranger, and that would be a great kill. (SpM)
Quote:
Maybe it is true that Rune might have been the Ranger. I would agree with going after Rune, the only thing which slightly concerns me is that I would be the only one left from the "suspicion triangle" of Rune-Brinniel-me

So, either Mith, Rune or Kath. (legate)
Quote:
I'd rather not kill Rune because I think we can get him lynched, but the majority is for it, so that's fine with me. (durelin)
Also abridged from 13 pages. I died next Day, so I have no more night posts. The other faithfuls will provide.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote