View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #551
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, folks, I'm about to post.

The colony will be evacuated, but a considerable number of warriors will stay by the gates* and keep Orcs at bay for a while longer, and keep watch on the movement of the Bane. I was thinking Trór himself would actually stay. If you have warrior characters, they may stay as well, but most of the colony would probably move to the inner parts of Moria to be safe. I was thinking Náli would probably be Trór's "steward" there.

After we have been evacuated, the next big thing is a series of battles when the Orcs flood over. I think this would be happening within a week (game time). They take the Bridge and the second hall, Náli, Lóni and Frár among others will die.

Then we'll flee to the western gate and try to get out of Moria, but too late! The watcher in the water is blocking the way out and the survivors flee back to the eastern parts** and die in the final battle in the Chamber of Mazarbul

*because we have this far ignored/forgotten the fact that in LotR Ori writes in the book of Mazarbul that they may yet hold the gates for long.

**need to come up why.

So, all in all, very cheerful, isn't it?

I'll give you posting directions once I've posted and got this moving again.

Mnemo, if you want to adopt a Dwarf, there's Kath's Hepti & Svior. She never wrote anything for either of them and said she's not coming back. You could also consider Groin's Nîsa (scroll down the linked page). If you'd prefer somebody else, I can tell you if they're available once I've (probably in vain) PMed all the others for one last time.

I'm not sure if I can finish my post before I leave for work, but if not, I'll post it once I come back home (after also seeing my friends, so I think it would be technically tomorrow my time, maybe some eight hours from now).