View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 07:00 AM   #297
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
The thought passed in Avanill’s mind to infact load the other rangers bags onto the horses to save time for when the other rangers came back seeing as they were behind already. And he himself was not fanatical at the though of waiting, especially when he knew that each minute they were left waiting, was another minute of preparation Naiore may have to anticipate their coming.

It was only when he had begun to stack Amandur’s things upon his horse that he noticed an article which was very familiar to him, so familiar infact that it came to his realisation that it belonged to him. It was his satchel that the rangers had taken off him when they had first come across him. He sighed deeply before sitting on the ground examining it. He sat for a small while thinking over in his head the correct plan of action. He now had his weapons (as such) back within his reach, would he taken them back or leave them in the hands of the rangers? The question was trust. He knew that the rangers trusted him enough to let him wander alone, and keep his own weapons, but obviously not enough that they would give him back these particular effects. They had been right, Avanill thought, to keep them from him, afterall would he trust him in their position? Surely not.

But what if they did not trust him at all to administer the potion to Naiore? If he didn’t have his things at the right moment they could all be in dire straights. No, in order for him to be able to work successfully the young man needed his potions and powders by his side in case Naiore struck at an awkward moment.

As if a light bulb went on inside his head, Avanill realised a solution. He didn’t have to take back his whole stash, he only needed a little bit, and with what he already had he would now need to take even less. That way the rangers would be able to keep the satchel and not know if anything had gone missing. He flipped it open and began to search for that which he would need, the darts and the base ingredience, he could culture them on the road, he knew that. In not time he had what he wanted and had replaced his satchel among Amandur’s things.

It was not long after that the older ranger came to the young man. “Hail there Avanill, did I not say to Rauthain that we were to meet at the stables?” he said. Avanill’s head snapped around.

“Well, yes, that was the original plan.” Admitted the young man. “But no one came, call me impatient, so I decided id get the horses up here so we don’t have to carry our baggage too far.” He shrugged, handing Amandur the reigns of his horse.

“There was another thing, Mrs Banks…” Avanill stopped to remember exactly what it was that she had said and Amandur waited in anticipation.

“She said that Dúlrain has gone after Benia and the others. She also said that he said for us not to wait, but rather to continue and the others will catch up. Now heres my predicament, do we leave their horses? I suppose that’s the right thing to do after all, so they can infact find us again. I just hope they can…” Avanill began to stare into the distance once more.

“I just hope that we don’t run into her on our own.” He added.

Last edited by Everdawn; 09-22-2004 at 06:31 AM.