View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #17
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I feel bad, Naria, that you got nailed by a rule that was clear enough in my head but not communicated well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
The logical hunter works as follows:
#1 - she can change her pick whenever she wants to
#2 - if she has picked a wolf and is attacked at night she will take her pick with her
#3 - if she has picked someone who has voted her she will take her pick with her when lynched
- so the logical hunter does not take innocents/gifteds with her when killed by the wolves nor take someone who hasn't voted her with her when lynched
Thinking out loud here:

#1- The hunter can't change her pick absolutely whenever she wants to. There has to be a point at which the moderator can say, "okay, THAT'S toNight's pick." So how does that particular rule work, then, because I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "whenever she wants to".

#2 - is the classic approach, which I'm fine with as long as it's augmented - - - which it needs to be in a Dueling Wizards game in order to balance it out against the ability of the evil wizard to create a new werewolf each Night.

#3 - I like this. And I don't like it. I like it because it gives the Hunter extra means to be effective, but I don't like it because this makes the Hunter's power a double edged sword that could cut against the good team instead of the evil team, and the good team doesn't need any more knocks against it than I've already put in the system.

I would call her the vengeful rather than logical hunter, however. To answer Naria's question in this regard, this gives the Hunter an extra way in which she can be effective.

After taking the time to thoroughly understand Nogrod's idea, I have to say 'no' for Dueling Wizards, because the good team needs strength, not unintentional double crossing. Ordinary innocents do that enough to the good wizard already.

So unless a better idea is offered for the Hunter, s/he will stay as is for the next game of Dueling Wizards that I mod.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote