View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 06:34 AM   #30
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Just had a good idea. Game Moderator automatically kills off silent people. Wolves or not. If you don't participate, you don't play. Silent players are the worst problem in these sorts of games. A moderator should be able to kill a player because they haven't met an active post count.
I have said it before, and I'll say it again. People should not sign up for games if they know beforehand that they are going to be unable to post (and vote) at least once per day. Obviously, situations can arise during the game and that cannot be avoided. That's primarily what the admin thread is for. But it is not difficult to anticipate beforehand that certain factors will limit your participation. I have missed a number of games for this reason.

It is all very well to have a rule stipulating that players who do not post at least once per day will be eminated, but that still has the potential to skew the game and can give (or be used to suggest) clues about their roles. Far better that such players simply restrain themselves from playing in that particular game if they know beforehand that they will be away for a day or more. There will always be another game to play in.

That is different from saying that people's whose style is to make only a brief post once each day (or similar) should be prevented from playing. That can either be a habitual approach or a deliberately adopted tactic. Either way, the player who plays in this way takes their chances in doing so, and it is up to the other players to judeg them based on it. More often than not, they end up being lynched fairly early on.