View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #246
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Avanill

“I am not the one you want” Avanill said calmly. “You have no idea who I am, do you?” he asked looking at both Rangers. They looked form him to themselves. “I thought not.” Avanill nodded to himself. “I fear you are not ready to hear what I have to say, for if it is taken the wrong way I will be worried for my life.”

Amandur looked sceptically at the young man. “If there’s something you aren’t telling me boy you best do so now before you make this any worse for yourself.”

Avanill took a deep breath. “I am Avanill; my mother was the bandit and black market trader Atantri. You may have heard of me, and you may have known my uncles, they were rangers, Adoran and Mithsen were their names my father killed them.” He said the last words with much bitterness. “I have been in the company of Naiore, only because I had several ransoms I have to pay. Naiore promised quick payment. And I know she keeps her promises.”

“And why did she trust you boy?” Rauthain asked.

“Because she was a client of my mother.” Avanill continued “When I met up with Barrold Ferney he had already kidnapped Vanwe, or rather Naiore had promised her for him. And I can tell you now that Barrold has no idea that she is going to double cross him, I can see it in her eyes. I never touched Vanwe, I saved her from beatings, ill have you know that. Anyway, Ferney told us that we had to visit this Tallas man in order to refill my stocks. I thought he meant to buy, but later I found this to steal. Tallas came out. Barrold attacked him and then started on me; he said ‘Your father would have been ashamed of you, if he was alive’ and I lost it. I don’t know what happened, all I remember is that I was so angry.” He spat on the ground.

“The nerve to mention my father! He abandoned my mother, left her for dead. He killed my uncles and I am proud to say that I would kill him myself if my mother had not done it first.” The Young man shook his head.

“I never knew of Barrold’s intentions. It is not in my nature to kill an old man. Ive seen so many horrible things, Naiore is a monster. I abandoned them, originally because I want to remain living. But then I ran into Rauthain here by accident and decided that I need to do something about it. After all I am the best apothecary in Middle Earth.”