View Single Post
Old 06-22-2001, 01:29 AM   #11
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Principles of editing the Silmarillion

Re:slavish adherence to LotR canon errors - I comcede. I was not, as you all guessed, trying to support such.

If my reading of the posts since my last is correct [and it is 2 in the a.m. here...It seems we agree on pretty much all of the principles ... I was using rule for for Doriath out of context or seeing how far I could stretch the context. I agree let's cross the esgalduin when we get there. On an
un-related note perhaps after [God-willing] FoG we start at the begining?

I would like to try [again] to summarize the principles so we can all literally sign on to them [as literally as this ezboard formats allows] but I feel I need to address the following tasks first:
~repair the introduction [ redo the FAQ's]
~Establish the new private forum Ron has created for us [post the base texts first for FoG then others]
~Email the password out to members.

so if someone else can consolidate the principles, and we can fine tooth comb [hopefully ony] one more time I think we might be there.

lindil

Lindil is oft found on posting on the Silmarillion Project at the Barrowdowns and working onthe 2nd Elven/Christian discussion board<a href="http://pub72.ezboard.com/bosanwe" >Osanwe</a>, and Gilthalion's http://pub41.ezboard.com/btarostineruhirTar Ost-in-Eruhir</A>. and Finrod prophecieth to Andreth " Therefore Eru,if He will not relinquish His work to Melkor... must come in to conquer him. </p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote