View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #3697
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Hi, zickerr, and welcome! I'm one of the Downers who's very interested in Tolkien-related music and has done some research on the use of music in the books as well as listening to compositions inspired by JRRT's works.

I just recently started a thread introducing the LotR Symphony by Johan de Meij, which was composed in the 80s, well before the movies were made. It's wonderful music! More information and a link here.

Several Downers have written on the topic, and we have a sub-forum dedicated to the book Music in Middle-earth here.

I'll post more for you when I have time to look deeper into the forum...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote