View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 11:52 AM   #58
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420!

Surveying the Great Hall, wonderfully bedecked with party decorations, Saucepan spotted a few faces that he recognised. He waved cheerily at Sophia and Annun, his Quiz Room pals, and noted to himself how fetching they both looked. He must catch up with them later.

But, for now, he had to sort out his contributions to the party. He wandered over to an empty table and deposited on it the two boxes that he was carrying. From the first he brought out his prized mirrorball.

"Now, I wonder who might like to take charge of this" he thought to himself.

Putting the mirrorball to one side, he carefully removed from the other box a large, black, cast iron pot with a heavy lid. Again, he wondered who to entrust this with.

"It is after all a magic pot" he muttered under his breath.

The Fantastic Feastpot of the Fanatical Foodies was indeed a wonderous item. It could produce any type of food that the heart desired. All one had to do was place down the lid, name the desired food and say the magic word. Saucepan had written down the magic word and hidden it in one of his pans, in case he forgot it.

"Now, I wonder who I should entrust with the magic word", he thought.

Then, his forehead knitted into a frown. He wondered whether the Pot was magical because of the inherent power of the one who crafted it, or whether it was created by one tutored in the arcane arts. Or perhaps it was just modern technology so marvellous that it appeared to be magic.

"Hmm" Saucepan thought. "Must have a chat with Iarwain about that."

Then he clattered off to find himself a drink and mingle with the other guests.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]