View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 08:19 AM   #67
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
As far as Tasa could tell, the night had passed with no further mishaps; though she could not be certain, for sleep had come upon her heavily, leaving her to dream restlessly of faces streaked with blood and tears, screaming helplessly for mercy and swift passage, with a subtle overtone of malicious laughter. She woke with a start, noting that a few already stood awake, marvelling at a long unseen sunrise.

She rose silently and joined them, looking like a ghost herself in a long billowing robe of palest ivory. The irony did not escape her, though at first light, she forgot it. The dawn was the loveliest she had seen in years beyond count, with rays of pure white light shot through with every shade of the rainbow. The skies above were clear, but not yet blue, calling lie to her memories of the weather of the day before. A perfect day for adventure, the youngest part of her mind told her. Pushing those thoughts down, she stood silent, watching the day awaken before her. Thoughts of the blinding glare off of gleaming swords in the early morning light invaded her sense of wonder. My blades are away... long since packed... and that is where they shall stay. she thought as she stood beside her friend.

Finally she spoke, breaking the peaceful silence. "The dawn has always called forth other new beginnings. Will you forgive me my accusations of the night, Malris? I cannot deny that if I heard my lady upon the wind, I would go to her."