View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, at the time I liked Titanic and thought it was a wonderful movie, I don't know why everyone gives it such a hard time. but that is another forum...<BR>About the Matrix films, that will be interesting about how that turns out, the original Matrix movie won the most Oscars of that year, but they were all technical. I doubt it would be nominated for best picture though because I just don't think it will have the acting needed for that kind of nominations.<BR>I have not lost faith in the Oscars, I just think it has become way too political. The only reason Chicago, The Hours, and Gangs of New York got nominated is the wonderful campagning of Harvey Weinstein and his friends at Miramax, (even though Mr. Weinstein is also a producer of LOTR) Though I still hope and think that ROTK is going to get many nominations when it comes out, just as icing on the cake of a wonderful well done trilogy. (also I think that some of the people at the academy are kind of mad that Star Wars was not honored, because I think that they would have given it to them if it had came out now) and like I said in another post, the academy is saying just with the TTT nomination that LOTR is more Godfather than Star Wars, and that is always a good thing to think about.