View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 06:15 AM   #224
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Naiore

Like a deathly shadow, Naiore silently moved beneath the shadows of the ancient trees. Her curving blades brought a swift death to those unfortunate enough to find themselves in her path. Both fleeing orc and pursuing elf fell beneath her rage, as she cut a path away from the failing battle. The orc’s now having served their purpose she left behind to face the swift retribution of the elves. She had not honestly expected these loathsome creatures to breech Imladris’ defences, but she had expected them to make short work of her pursuers, but being as incompetent as they were stupid they had failed even in that. “Five! I handed them five rangers and they kill but one!” she reeled, slicing through another orc who had the misfortune to find itself in her path. At least they had bought Vanwe the time and distraction needed to reach Imladris unhindered but even that reassuring thought brought no solace the enraged elf.

For several miles, she cursed the orcs and their failings, and then her anger turned to those who had betrayed her. “Toby Longholes!” She spat contemptuously. She had witnessed the hobbit in the company of Kaldir, knowing that the snivelling creature had warned the ranger of her plans. But even as she cursed not having killed the rat when he had first stumbled into her lair, her anger turned to the others of her company it seemed that the hobbit was not the only one looking to save his own neck. Avanill also raised his sword against her, allying himself with her enemies. Then there was Barrold, no sign could she find of the villain and she expected that he had tucked his tail between his legs and ran like the coward she had suspected he was. She would make them all pay for their treachery and they would learn the true meaning of pain!

By the time she reached the northern reaches of the forest, she was exhausted both mentally and physically. Several ages of discipline and control, crumbled under the realisation that the treachery of Toby and Avanill could be her undoing, Should they inform the elves of Vanwe all would be lost. Desperately she looked around trying to figure out what to do. She suddenly felt lost in a sea of emotions, alone with questions so long ago conceived still unanswered. “No!” she spat defiantly “I will not give into despair, I still have Vanwe. Menecin will watch as I rip the answers I seek from our daughters mind, and then I will rid myself of both of them,” she hissed desperately trying to grabble for some sense of control. “Then I will deal out death to those who have hindered my course. “

Looking out on the lowland hills that lay to the east she decided that she had no choice but to wait and see if her compulsions still held within her daughter. Grasping to her sullen resolve she set off into the edge of the wilds heading steadily eastward towards the pine forest that sat above the last hidden refuge of the elves.