View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 07:27 AM   #144
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
At Saeryn's commiseration, the shock that had frozen Linduial finally wisped away, leaving her talking at a mile a minute, trying to explain away her fascination with Degas. It wasn't working.

"When he got here, he didn't even notice me, Saeryn! Didn't even take a second look...I always get noticed. And then after you left, he-- he told me how pretty I was in the most ridiculous terms, and kissed my hand, and Oh! he was making fun of me, I know it!"

Saeryn was smiling in amusement, an arm around Lin's waist, as the younger girl spoke rapidly, gesturing wildly with each sentence, voice rigid with embarassment and frustration. Lin paused for a breath, and continued in a much softer voice, suddenly shy.

"And Saeryn, he's very handsome, he really is, and so clever, and he really does love you very much indeed. And if he thought I were pretty...Really thought, I mean, not just teasing me...well...," Lin smiled softly and earnestly at her friend. "I wouldn't mind."