View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sad or Elated now the Movies are at an End?

It's a fairly straightforward premise for a thread, and because the movies seem to be so polarizing I wonder what the Downs' Folk think now that they've had a few months to digest the final film.

I won't offer much of a rant because I really have divorced myself from Jackson's aborted vision of Middle-earth. I will say the first three films (Lord of the Rings) were far better in nearly every aspect than the last three (The Hobbit). I even managed to work up some emotion during certain parts of LotR, whereas I couldn't work up a wet fart for The Hobbit.

I am glad they are gone and am fairly certain I won't see a reworking of the films in my lifetime, particularly since it seems Christopher Tolkien has somehow gained the immortality of the Eldar.