View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #26
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry Gondowe my answere was not really that specific. If you want the actual structer of TRANSLATION FROM THE ELVISH / volume 1: THE ELDER DAYS you will find in the thread given above in posting #80 (Page2).

The proposals for the other volumes ar not that clear. But they should sume up to 3 according losely to the 3 volumes Bilbo gave Frodo. I proposed 1 volume dealing with Númenor and Middle-Earth in the second and third Age and 1 volume with Essay.
All the Texts you mentioned would be included in one or the other.

Did I get you right that you would like to produce a Silmarillion + editions of the 'Great Tales'? That project looks even more ambious then ours since it will include much reducting from the 'Great Tales' with the additional issue to aviod to much repeating (but translation might help in this).

The reduction of Húrin in Brethil will be a hard task. The intra Brethilien politics are heavily interwoven with Húrins actions. I am not that sure that you must do that at all. Okay otherwise the tale is a bit out of balance with the rest of Húrins Wanderings. But not so much with what Tolkien might envisaged for his Silmarillion realised only for The Darkening of Valinor with all its sub-chaptern.

About your new question were we are rigth now, please look at this thread** General Comments on the Project & Sign Up Thread **. In posting #100 I gave an overview that still not so much outdated. I only would add that we have settle the discussion about Andróg as a member of Húrins band and have finished the first part of the Narn concerning the changes introduce by CoH.

Respectfully
Findegil

Last edited by Findegil; 04-15-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote