Thread: And Eru Smiled
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:00 AM   #63
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Evil - self infested with pride, arrogant, putting its own self/the good of its own self above good of other selves, in fact, above anything else, and ready to pursue such good at the expense of good of other selves. Not necessarily 'irredeemable' - that is, unable of selfless action at a moment. In short - self in worship of its own self, harming other selfs deliberately. Not independently arisen, but parasite on the body of Good, as to be evil means to desire some good, or good in general but wrongfully. (I.e power and well-being are things good, and to pursue the power and well-being is not bad in itself, but to seek them at the expense of others is bad)

Pure evil (sense 1) - self as described above which is already unable to change the mode of its perception, i.e. worshipping its own self and nothing else at all times, harming other selfs and finding delight in the process at all times. (possible)

Pure evil (sense 2) - such a self creating its own existence independently (impossible - existence as such is a good thing, so by the mere fact of existences such an Evil denies its Evilness - i.e. - if evil is opposite of good, and existence is good, than to be 'pure' - i.e. equal and opposite of good in all things, such an evil can not exist - it must 'non-exist', i.e. - exist not.)

Source - primal cause of some existence, some chain of events or mode of being, having no previous cause of its own in relation to the chain of events (though may be an effect of some other chain of events - i.e as each wave is a cause of the following and the effect of the preceding, but finds its source not in some 'first wave', but in the wind and gravity of the moon)

Uttermost source - primal cause of everything, having no cause of its own in relation to everything

Eru - Active ('and he made') Intelligent ('offspring of his thought'), Omniscient and Omnipotent ('no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me') Benevolent ('in all His designs the issue must be for His Children's joy') Free ('elves held that Eru was free at all times') Uttermost Source ('In the beginnig was') of Everything.

Also, not the One to withdraw Himself from the creation once it is created but actively guiding its way through ('He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any Enemy, not even by ourselves'), but grunting freedom to His creatures as well ('discover all the secret thoughts of thy mind') but able to work that freedom into the integrity of the design of the whole perfectly ('and wilt perceive that they are but a part of the whole and tributary to its glory')

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 07-13-2005 at 01:16 AM.
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote