View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #157
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Was it ever clarified what happens if the wolves target the Good Wizard? They can't kill him that way, but could they get his identity?
With a few exceptions, which I will list, any action against either Wizard will expose that Wizard to their enemy. So, yes, if the wolves attempt to target the Good Wizard for a kill/scry/anything the Good Wizard's identity is exposed to the Evil Wizard.

Likewise, any action against the person of the Evil Wizard, scry/gifting, will expose the identity of the Evil Wizard to the Good Wizard.

Exceptions:

If the party attempts to lynch either Wizard, they will fail and it will be obvious that they fail. I won't reveal the alignment of the Wizard in the narration, but their opposite number will know who they are, so for all intents and purposes that acts as a reveal.

Rule Clarification: The Ranger can deflect probes/attacks on the person of the Good Wizard. So let's say the Evil Wizard and Wolves try to kill the Good Wizard but the Ranger is protecting the Good Wizard. The Evil Wizard will receive the same message they would in any other circumstances of a Ranger save, which will be, and I quote:

"*Doink* Missed."

I had always had this in mind as part of the Ranger abilities, but I realized that I never actually spelled that out for everyone. Sorry about that.

My thinking was that, yes the Ranger could just endlessly protect the Good Wizard but then they are just leaving the entire rest of the playing field open for the Evil Wizard and Wolves to have a field day. It seemed like a good tactical problem to place before the Ranger...and in a way in front of the Bad Team as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So are the rules that are laid in the first post of the "Re-Party"-thread (updated last on 7th. of July) up to date and authoritative ones - including all possible changes and addenda that have been developed during the planning period? It looked like this game thread's rules were a bit shorter version - but I didn't have the patience to go double-checking every aspect as to which things are included in which version.
The rules at the start of this thread are the most authoritative ones. I will update the rules in the first post as needed, including the clarification I just outlined above.

They seem a bit shorter because I streamlined the text a bit and shed some of the explanations and things that seemed redundant by the time we started the game.

Quote:
Talking of the Dead-vote. I understood the rules that the Dead have one vote - like one living person would have - but then someone (Morsul?) talked on D1 of the Dead "doubling" the vote for someone and nobody - not even Kuru - corrected him. So how is it? One vote sounds reasonable, doubling the vote sounds pretty strong indeed...
While accurate in a way, "doubling" is probably a poor way to phrase it.

One individual has their vote raised from one to two. That's all that happens. The entire vote total for an individual is not raised. So let's say that Bob the Tomato has five votes and the Dead Thread votes to empower Larry the Cucumber who is one of the people voting against Bob. Bob's total only goes up to six, not ten.